Job Vacancy - Geotechnical Manager
You will be working for the largest site investigation contractor in Ireland, based in their Head Quarters in Ballymoney, Co Antrim. You will be responsible for the technical management of ground investigation contracts undertaken by the company; to provide guidance and support to the team of Geotechnical Engineers; to implement quality control measures in terms of information reported to Clients; preparation and development of Interpretative Ground Investigation Reports of varying complexity; scoping ground investigations with Clients; ensure Clients’ technical requirements are met.
MAIN TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
• Technical lead of a team of Geotechnical Engineers/Engineering Geologists in an office-based environment to produce Ground Investigation Reports
• Prepare Factual and Interpretative Ground Investigation Reports, with a strong leaning towards focusing on interpretation of collated data
• Work alongside a team of Project Managers to provide technical lead on development and issue of technical information and Reports
• Implement quality control systems to improve the standard of information prepared and collated on site, through to the information issued to Clients. Work to continuously improve the standard of the Ground Investigation Reports, the Company’s typical final product
• Report to the Contracts Director regarding quality and technical performances on contracts – both personnel and operations
• Provide training and mentoring for Graduate/Junior Engineers and Geologists
• Work with the Laboratory Manager and assist with developing the geotechnical testing capabilities of the laboratory by way of improvement and expansion of facilities
• As and when required, carry out all other roles listed in job description for Geotechnical Engineer / Project Manager.
• Degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering Geology, with post-graduate qualification or experience in Geotechnical Engineering.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the industry (either in a consultancy or contracting background)
• Good technical knowledge in the field of geotechnical engineering
• Ability to produce accurate, concise, well-presented reports within deadlines
• Familiarity with the current ground investigation standards and their implementation
• Good IT and communication skills
• Ability to use AGS data
• Familiarity with geotechnical software packages, such as Holebase SI / Gint (or similar), SLIDE, SlopeW, WALLAP
• Full UK/Ireland driving licence
• Chartered Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist (ICE / IEI / FGS / IGI)
• Experience of slope stability, earthworks, foundation and retaining wall design
• Experience of construction supervision
• Competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience)
• Flexible working options.