Vacancy: Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist
Causeway Geotech Ltd is one of Ireland’s largest site investigation service providers. Due to an increase in workload we have are now looking to recruit a Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist to join our expanding engineering department.
The successful candidate will be qualified with a Civil Engineering or Geology related degree and have a strong understanding of site investigations techniques and geotechnical recommendations. Previous site investigation experience will also be an advantage. The role will be primarily office based.
Reporting to the Geotechnical Manager, you will be accountable for overseeing delivery of geotechnical data for a wide range of civil & structural engineering projects. Additionally the work will involve the writing of desk study reports, reviewing, interpreting and presenting geotechnical data, site supervision, the writing and preparation of factual and interpretative reports and geotechnical design reports. You will provide technical assistance to the junior and senior members of staff to deliver geotechnical solutions for our wide ranging client base.
• BSc/BEng degree level qualified in Geology/Engineering Geology/Geotechnical Engineering or
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the sector
• Understanding of laboratory testing and interpreting results with working knowledge of geotechnical and environmental guidance, BS10175.
• Experience in preparing interpretative ground investigation reports and ability to check reports to a high standard
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent numerical skills using own calculations and using industry software
• Prepared to work as part of a team or as an individual
• Full UK/ROI driving licence.
• Chartered Civil Engineer (MICE or MIEI) or actively working towards Chartered status
We are looking for an ambitious, hardworking, dedicated individual, with great team work and communication skills. You will need to be adaptable and should have the ability to work independently to tight deadlines.
In return we are able to offer a highly attractive package, with excellent career prospects and fully structured training and professional development.
A starting package in the region of £30-35K per annum will be offered to suitable candidates, dependent on experience.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02827666640.