Causeway Geotech were appointed by Scottish Enterprise to carry out land and overwater ground investigation works for provision of geotechnical and environmental information to characterise ground conditions at the seabed at berths, as well as along an existing revetment for input to the design and construction of a new energy park facility.
The scope of works included:
- 27 overwater boreholes by cable percussion boring and Geobor S wireline coring
- Overwater works carried out off a C5 jack-up barge supplied by Ocean Crest Marine
- 17 land based boreholes by cable percussion boring with Geobor S wireline coring
- 5 boreholes by Geobor S wireline coring drilled off a cantilever platform in May 2016
- 6 trial pits by mechanical excavator
- Structural investigation of existing concrete quay using concrete coring and hydrodemolition methods
- Factual ground investigation report.
Works were carried out under the supervision of a team of three Site Engineers and Geologists from Causeway Geotech who liaised with the Client’s Representative accordingly.
Overwater works were carried out on a 24/7 working hours basis to expedite delivery of the site works programme and to mitigate against delays incurred through weather inducted downtime.
The final phase of site operations was completed in May 2016, which tied in with the Client’s programme requirements.