Graduate Geotechnical Engineer
JOB TITLE: Graduate Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist / Environmental Engineer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Contracts Director
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Office and/or site based support duties for input to ground investigation contracts of varying scale. Duties shall range from Site Supervision of drilling crews, through logging of trial pits, slit trenches, executing as-built surveys, completion of environmental monitoring duties, assisting with writing of reports, inputting of geotechnical data, assisting with data interpretation and basic design.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE: You will be working for the largest site investigation contractor in Ireland, based from either their Head Quarters in Ballymoney, Co Antrim, or at their office in Balbriggan, North Co Dublin. You will be working under the guidance of a core team of skilled, experienced engineers and geologists and will have the opportunity to work on sites across Ireland and GB, as well as occasionally further afield, including the USA and Europe.
MAIN TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Work within a strong team of Geotechnical Engineers/Engineering Geologists in an office and/or site based environment to produce Ground Investigation data and reports
- Mixture of site and office work intrinsic to the position
- Logging of soil and rock in accordance with BS 5930:2015 (+A1 2020) in the field and at HQ
- Opportunity to work on some of the largest infrastructure ground investigation contracts ever completed on the island of Ireland
- Prepare Factual and Interpretative Ground Investigation Reports, with a strong leaning towards focusing on interpretation of collated data
- Assistance in contract management, preparation of health and safety plans and their implementation, quality control in accordance with the relevant industry standards, budget management and technical reporting writing
- Be willing to travel to sites as required and work away from home for extended periods
- You will be given comprehensive safety and technical training over the course of your employment.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Engineering Geology, with post-graduate qualification or experience in Geotechnical Engineering.
- Good technical knowledge in the field of geotechnical engineering
- Ability to produce accurate, concise, well-presented reports within deadlines
- Familiarity with the current ground investigation standards and their implementation
- Solid skills in the core MS suite of software, especially Excel
- Good IT and communication skills
- Full, clean UK/Ireland driving licence
- Ambition and desire to progress in the industry
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a larger team.
- Post graduate qualification
- Industry experience in either contracting or consultancy
- Experience of construction supervision through previous placement or summer work
- Competitive starting salary (£22,500-£25,000 / €25,000-€28,500)
- Company vehicle
- Paid expenses and subsistence allowance for working away
- Other benefits, including contributory pension and private medical insurance
- Comprehensive training programme.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 02827666640.
ABOUT CAUSEWAY GEOTECH: Causeway Geotech, part of Sealaska’s ocean health and environmental business platform of Woocheen, provide land and marine ground investigation services operating from its headquarters in Ballymoney, Co Antrim, and regional office in Balbriggan, Co Dublin. We are a leading ground investigation contractor who operate a fleet of modern rigs, from compact dynamic sampling units through large roto-sonic rigs, operated by our own directly employed BDA Audited Lead Drillers. As a business, we employ a team of geologists, engineers and environmental specialists to oversee the execution of and solution to challenging ground investigation problems.
ABOUT SEALASKA: Sealaska is an Alaska Native regional corporation for Southeast Alaska, formed under federal law in 1971. With more than 23,000 shareholders of Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian background, its purpose is to strengthen its people, culture and homelands. Profits from Sealaska’s businesses directly support Alaska Native communities with scholarships, economic opportunity, revitalization of Indigenous culture and language, and more. Learn more at Sealaska.com.